Topic: iRedMail forwarding/dual delivery to GSuite

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Jessie
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I started off with iRedMail to host all my email accounts, but then I had to move some of them to GSuite. GSuite is set up so that it’s highest priority in MX records, which means all the mail gets delivered to Google. There I’ve set up a routing rule so that any unmatched recipient gets forwarded to iRedMail.

Here’s a demonstration of how this looks like:

iRedMail:
- first.account@example.com
- second.account@example.com
- third.account@example.com
- fourth.account@example.com
- fifth.account@example.com
- sixth.account@example.com

GSuite:
- fourth.account@example.com
- fifth.account@example.com
- sixth.account@example.com

Any mail addressed to first.account@example.com gets delivered to iRedMail, any mail addressed to fourth.account@example.com gets delivered to GSuite. Which is good.

What I can’t figure out how to do is make iRedMail forward/relay/transport mail to GSuite.

Real world example: if I send an email from first.account@example.com to fourth.account@example.com, it will get delivered to fourth.account@example.com hosted on iRedMail.

In an attempt to make iRedMail deliver to fourth.account@example.com hosted on GSuite I’ve changed fourth.account@example.com to old.fourth.account@example.com, this does not yield the result I wanted.

/etc/log/syslog shows this error:

Oct 14 13:45:33 mail postfix/pipe[11822]: 44C9822DF7: to=<fourth.account@example.com>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.14, delays=0.02/0.02/0/0.11, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown)

Is there a way to set up iRedMail to forward certain accounts to GSuite?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail forwarding/dual delivery to GSuite

Try to setup per-user relay of forth.account@ to G Suite smtp server. FYI:
https://docs.iredmail.org/per-account.transport.html