Topic: Spam has never gone into Junk folder.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I've deployed (3) iRedMail instances over the past 2 years mostly for myself and learning purposes
so forgive me if I missed something obvious however I could not find the specific answer to this
in the forums.  I'm looking to use iRedAdmin-Pro and deploying for a client so I need to actively
solve any issues I've ignored for myself.

On all (3) of my iRedMail instances not a single message has ever gone into the junk folder.  Most
of the time this is ok because spam is spam however if I deploy this for a client I cannot have an
e-mail from a genuine customer on a non-compliant e-mail server vanish into nothingness.  Though
I do not want blacklisted spammers to start filling up the junk folder.

I've read that the default installation sends spam to junk folders.  So I would need to know how I've
broken this on every past deployment.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spam has never gone into Junk folder.

Package spamassassin ships a sample spam email, you can copy it as mail body, then send to yourself as a testing. On Debian 9, the file is:
/usr/share/doc/spamassassin/examples/sample-spam.txt