Topic: The problem with SMTPs

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.8
- Linux distribution name and version: CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend: MySQL
- Web server: nginx/1.12.2
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL 2.9.0
====

Good day.
I combined two iredmail mailservers into one running iRedAdmin-Pro.
I transferred the contents of mailboxes from /../vmail/vmail1/domain/ to my main server and transferred the MySQL tables roundcubemail.users, roundcubemail.identities, vmail.mailbox and vmail.forwardings.
On both servers smtps sending was enabled (TCP 465). This is enabled in the postfix and firewalld settings.
After merging, the transferred accounts cannot send mail with SSL (465), they receive the error
"554 5.7.1 <user @ domain>: Recipient address rejected: Sender is not the same as SMTP authenticate username".

Accounts that were originally on the server and new accounts any domain can use SSL SMTPs (465).
I checked the account settings Sending mails via SMTP over TLS / SSL enabled, like everyone else. In the vmail.mailbox table, the parameter enablesmtpsecured = 1 for all accounts.

I found
https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#r … -username,
but I only use mailbox, not alias, not maillist .
After changing the SMTPS client settings from SSL 465 to STARTLS 587, the client starts working instantly.

What did I do wrong and is it possible to return everything?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: The problem with SMTPs

ppnm wrote:

After changing the SMTPS client settings from SSL 465 to STARTLS 587, the client starts working instantly.

The error message you pasted isn't related to this SSL/TLS setting change.

"Sender is not the same as SMTP authenticate username", it means the smtp authentication username is different than the sender address specified in mail header.

3 (edited by ppnm 2018-11-02 22:08:13)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The error message you pasted isn't related to this SSL/TLS setting change.

I found a description of the error and thought the same. However, changing port 465 to 587 an SSL to STARTTLS solves the problem completely. I do not make other changes. And the problem is repeated only for the migrated accounts.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

the smtp authentication username is different than the sender address specified in mail header.

Should I fix this on the client or server side? (I didn't use aliases or maillists)

ppnm wrote:

Should I fix this on the client or server side? (I didn't use aliases or maillists)

Client side.