Topic: Can I re-run installer to the nginx components?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): not Test?
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I ran the initial installation leaving out the Nginx option...
I'm now thinking to change my mind, and wished I had installed those Nginx components!

Can I re-run the installer to add, or will that screwup the Postfix and Dovecot stuff which is working fine.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can I re-run installer to the nginx components?

Try this:

- Open file iRedMail-0.9.8/config, add one line:

export WEB_SERVER='nginx'

- Re-run iRedMail installer.

WARNING: it reads file iRedMail-0.9.8/runtime/install.status to understand what's installed and what's not, if you don't have this file, do NOT do this.

Many thanks for your reply, and mentioning "runtime/install.status". I wondered what and where the status file was.

I see that it is possible to run the iRedMail.sh script again, as it asks whether one wants to use the current config, or create a new one. I did create a new one, and the Web/Nginx components where installed.

However, I had previously installed Nginx (now I fully understand why you say it needs to be a clean server!)
But, since your scripts are so elegantly presented, it was easy for me to force the scripts for web_server_config and iredadmin to run. You may not approve, but it worked!! I now have additionally Roundcube and iRedAdmin working.
(I will use your approach to Nginx config to add my webserver requirements.)

My only outstanding issue was until now, was the Non-DKIM signing of emails sent by Thunderbird.
Which I've solved by upgrading to the Cosmic version of "amavisd-new_2.11.0-1ubuntu2_all.deb" as noted by the Forum post
https://forum.iredmail.org/topic14880-d … fixed.html
You might like to check this out as I would have thought it would affect others.

I'm very impressed by iRedMail - indeed there is no need to laboriously add all the individual comments manually, as I was about to do. I have some other questions which I'll post in separate threads!
Alas, I'm a retired hobbyist, so a pro purchase is not necessary for me, but I have sent you a cup of coffee - which using UK pricing would buy two!!

Thanks again for your reply and your impressive work.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this:

- Open file iRedMail-0.9.8/config, add one line:

export WEB_SERVER='nginx'

- Re-run iRedMail installer.

WARNING: it reads file iRedMail-0.9.8/runtime/install.status to understand what's installed and what's not, if you don't have this file, do NOT do this.

jradxl wrote:

Alas, I'm a retired hobbyist, so a pro purchase is not necessary for me, but I have sent you a cup of coffee - which using UK pricing would buy two!!

Thanks for the coffee. smile