Topic: Newly added domain can send but not recieve emails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS 4.15.0-39-generic
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have the original domain with iRedMail that can send and receive email perfectly fine. I have added a second domain using the iRedMail admin panel and added a few users. This new domain can send but not receive emails. I have double and triple checked my DNS and verified these records with dig and nslookup. Looking at the mail log there is 0 mentions when I send email to these addresses. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by swejun 2018-11-15 17:55:07)

Re: Newly added domain can send but not recieve emails

Start by using some on-line check tools to  verify DNS settings (MX, A) and that it's possible to reach the server remotely
Example: hhttps://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx
and test/verify MX, Blacklist Check, DNS lookup, Test Email server, Email Deliverability etc.
Then you can have an idea of whats going on.

swejun wrote:

Start by using some on-line check tools to  verify DNS settings (MX, A) and that it's possible to reach the server remotely
Example: hhttps://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx
and test/verify MX, Blacklist Check, DNS lookup, Test Email server, Email Deliverability etc.
Then you can have an idea of whats going on.

Like I said in the OP. The email server works fine. I can send and receive fine from the original domain. It's the new domain added to iRedMail that cannot receive email. I rechecked my DNS again and its all fine.

If no log in Postfix log file at all, that means other mail servers don't know the real mail server of your new mail domain name yet. It's very possible that DNS records are not flushed by DNS server (running by you or DNS vendor).

Try to send some more testing email from Gmail/Hotmail/Outlook/... for testing.