Topic: LDAP Support

I'm currently authenticating to an existing LDAP server (Open LDAP on Ubuntu 8.04) that resides on my network. Can iRedMail be easily configured to use that existing LDAP server?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP Support

Yes.

Setup a iRedMail box in a new server, and then change dovecot/postfix/etc settings to use your ldap server.

Be careful: iRedMail uses its own ldap schema.

Can you be more specific please about the following:

1. Be careful: iRedMail uses its own ldap schema.

2. Besides postfix and dovecot, what other settings will need to be changed?

3. Does Roundcube webmail support an LDAP backend?

Thanks.

jhansen wrote:

1. Be careful: iRedMail uses its own ldap schema.

iRedMail has its own ldap schema file: http://iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/iRedM … ail.schema

You can only restrict services list below with this schema:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/ … strictions

2. Besides postfix and dovecot, what other settings will need to be changed?

* Change LDAP server address, port number.
* Change LDAP filter.

3. Does Roundcube webmail support an LDAP backend?

Roundcube webmail is a web-based IMAP client, when you login webmail, user authentication is implemented by IMAP server (dovecot), not roundcube itself.

And i don't understand what you mean 'support a LDAP backend'...

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

My question should have stated; Can I use Roundcube with my existing LDAP server?  I know Roundcube needs MySql, so wasn't sure if that was a conflict. Since user authentication is implemented via dovecot, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

What do you mean make roundcube work with your exist LDAP server?

Roundcube uses a SQL database (SQLite/MySQL/PostgreSQL) to store user's preference, personal contacts, etc. but it doesn't store mail user accounts.