Topic: Connection to IMAP server failed.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MARIADB edition
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Linux 18.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MARIADB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No, just iRedAdmin while i am testing
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

when i try to login into Roundcube , i am getting the follow errors

On login screen
Connection to IMAP server failed.

On /var/log/mail.log

Dec 11 13:58:02 mail roundcube: PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): SSL: Connection reset by peer in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.3.6/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap_generic.php on line 959
Dec 11 13:58:02 mail roundcube: PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): Failed to enable crypto in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.3.6/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap_generic.php on line 959
Dec 11 13:58:02 mail roundcube: PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://mail.efurtherance.in:993 (Unknown error) in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.3.6/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap_generic.php on line 959
Dec 11 13:58:02 mail roundcube: <7outlvok> IMAP Error: Login failed for postmaster@efurtherance.in from 114.143.197.52. Could not connect to ssl://mail.efurtherance.in:993: Unknown reason in /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.3.6/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 198 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connection to IMAP server failed.

Is "mail.efurtherance.in" a remote IMAP server or just localhost?
Please check the IMAP server configuration, make sure it supports SSL on port 993.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed all the applications on the same server, so mail.efurtherance.in is localhost.

"Please check the IMAP server configuration, make sure it supports SSL on port 993"
Could you advise what exactly i have to check and on which file? I have not changed anything from the original settings. Also i have followed the guide and installed letsencrypt certificate for the domain mail.efurtherance.in and updated the certificate path on all 3 config files.

/etc/nginx/templates/ssl.tmpl
/etc/postfix/main.cf
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

and the port 993 is open on the server.

Thanks
Arun

Can anyone help me with the above? I finished all the setup. But not able to login now.

Thanks
Arun

Check file /opt/www/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php, use 127.0.0.1 as your IMAP server address, like this:

$config['default_host'] = '127.0.0.1';