Topic: fresh installation need with apache

Dear members,

I would like to install iredmail with apache support . So iradmin , roundcude or any ther web service should be run under apache. I've searching around to add apche in installtion script because there is not option to select apache during installation.

I'm not much familiar with ngix so it will give hard time to understand , but for now I would like to go with apache.

Regards
Tehseen

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: fresh installation need with apache

Dear Tehseen,

We have no plan to support Apache again, sorry.
Nginx should work out of box after iRedMail installation, since Nginx itself is a great web server, it might be worth to spend few minutes to learn it when you have some time.

3 (edited by tehseensagarpk 2018-12-14 20:30:10)

ok great I successfully installed it with ngnix.

I start learning it as well. I've one question. \

Is there any stop / start / restart  bash script for ired . So I can just start all the services at once with out missing any.

Regards

tehseensagarpk wrote:

Is there any stop / start / restart  bash script for ired . So I can just start all the services at once with out missing any.

There's no such script to start/stop ALL involved services.
But you can find all services in file iRedMail-0.9.8/iRedMail.tips (this file will be generated after iRedMail installation).

@zhangHuagbin  thanks.

I would like to share a small script which I've found from ired doc china.

#!/bin/bash
for vService in mysql nginx postfix dovecot iredapd \
                amavis clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam
do
    service $vService status || service $vService start
done

if want to just restart regardless the status of services

#!/bin/bash
for vService in mysql nginx postfix dovecot iredapd \
                amavis clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam
do
    service $vService restart
done

Regards

6 (edited by tehseensagarpk 2018-12-17 17:37:56)

I regenerated a new key using

amavisd-new genrsa /var/lib/dkim/mydomain.pem 1024

chown amavis.amavis /var/lib/dkim/mydomain.com.pem
chmod 0400 /var/lib/dkim/mydomain.com.pem

amavisd-new testkeys

TESTING#1 mydomain: dkim._domainkey.mydomain.com => invalid (public key: DNS error: SERVFAIL)

keep getting above message I dont know what is wrong. One more thing I've have not update the key on my dns provider server. Do I need to update it first there and then test keys?

Regards

tehseensagarpk wrote:

One more thing I've have not update the key on my dns provider server. Do I need to update it first there and then test keys?

Yes you must publish on DNS first. The testkey process needs to query DNS to get the public key for validation.