Topic: Preventing backscatter
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.6
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I find that spammers love to hit a backup mx when the primary doesn't accept their messages. This is causing problems with backscatter as my backup mx server that accepts and attempts to deliver mail to non-existant users. I guess I could set the final destiny to discard but it would be better if there a method to have it check with the master before accepting and relaying the mail. Any thoughts on this?