1 (edited by ckhatton 2019-01-08 04:50:01)

Topic: Run iRedMail on the same server as hosted websites?

Hi there

A general question as I cannot find the answer anywhere... I have a server with multiple vhosts. Can iRedMail be installed on the same server or does it have to be on it's own server?

Cheers

Ubuntu 16.04

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Run iRedMail on the same server as hosted websites?

iRedMail is quite picky and expects an empty system for install. Once it is spawned up you will be able to reconfigure all bits and pieces which you would need. So yes it is possible, but quite inconvenient.

I love separation and on my systems, everything runs in Jail (FreeBSD term sorry) so I would recommend containerization.

Ar ok. Looking around at other solutions, it is starting to look like I will need to set up a dedicated server just for mail... More expense haha oh well...

Thank you for responding!

Adding to what you said, do you know you think the mail server can be run in a docker set up?

ckhatton wrote:

Adding to what you said, do you know you think the mail server can be run in a docker set up?

I never tried, but I think that there should not be any problem. It might be actually easier.