Topic: iRedMail-0.9.9 has been released.

Dear all,

iRedMail-0.9.9 stable release has been released, also a new web-based deployment, upgrade and support platform, iRedMail Easy, https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html.

About "iRedMail Easy" - the new deployment, upgrade and support platform

This is a new web-based deployment, (one-click) upgrade and technical support platform. We rewrite iRedMail installer with Ansible for this platform, also a web interface for ease of use. It's strongly recommended to deploy NEW iRedMail server with iRedMail Easy instead of classic downloadable iRedMail installer.

For more details, please read our website, the comparison of iRedMail Easy and classic downloadable installer is available too: https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html

WARNING: It does NOT support upgrading existing iRedMail-0.9.8 (or any earlier iRedMail releases) yet.

Below are changes since iRedMail-0.9.8, and planned changes in next release.

Supports new distribution release
  • OpenBSD 6.4

• Ubuntu 18.10. WARNING: It receives only 9 months of security and maintenance updates from Ubuntu vendor, until July 2019. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PRODUCTION SERVER.

Improvements
  • netdata is able to monitor OpenLDAP. Document here: https://docs.iredmail.org/integration.n … r-openldap.

• SOGo now supports resource management with OpenLDAP backend.

• Add rc script and rules for ip6tables on Debian/Ubuntu.

• iRedAdmin is now running as a standalone service (service name 'iredadmin'), not controlled by 'uwsgi' service anymore. iRedAdmin( and iRedAdmin-Pro) upgrade script will handle this change automatically.

• For new iRedMail installation, it uses /opt/www to store web applications on all Linux distros and OpenBSD.

• Able to set per-user mailbox format (e.g. mdbox) and mailbox folder appended to maildir path in SQL/LDAP. Check document here for more details: https://docs.iredmail.org/change.mailbox.format.html.

• Switch to utf8mb4 as default character set in MySQL for new iRedMail installation.

• Set file/directory permission to 0400 for dumpped SQL backup files.

• OpenLDAP log file has been moved to /var/log/openldap/openldap.log (was /var/log/openldap.log).

Fixed issues
  • Not correctly generate/update firewall rules if ssh is listening on 2 network ports.

• Not index ldap attribute `mobile`.

• Not always specify a plain text footer file for altermime to update email sent to mlmmj mailing list.

• Use accurate Nginx url match for Roundcube.

• mlmmjadmin:

• Not set correct owner/group for config file.

• Not use correct syslog socket path on FreeBSD.

• SQL backends: Not handle alias domains for relay in Postfix.

Updated packages
  • Roundcube -> 1.3.8

• iRedAdmin -> 0.9.3

• iRedAPD -> 2.3

• mlmmjadmin -> 1.9

• uwsgi -> 2.0.17.1 (OpenBSD only)

• netdata -> 1.11.1

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail-0.9.9 has been released.

非常棒,伟大的 1.0版本指日可待了 嘿嘿

so question; you mention iredadmin becoming its own service but you don't instruct on removing / disabling uwsgi. why?

also, you never mention or link to your guide on updating netdata to current binary package version.

when i downloaded iredadmin, there was a newer version on your repo then is mentioned here. should we use the newer one or what's mentioned here?

that's all i have. thanks.

also, you mention, "Set file/directory permission to 0400 for dumpped SQL backup files". where is this accomplished in your upgrade tutorial?

and this, "Switch to utf8mb4 as default character set in MySQL", ?

anything else i've missed?

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

so question; you mention iredadmin becoming its own service but you don't instruct on removing / disabling uwsgi. why?

This is handled by iRedAdmin(-Pro) upgrade script automatically.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

also, you never mention or link to your guide on updating netdata to current binary package version.

Updated the iRedMail upgrade tutorial, and here's the tutorial to upgrade netdata: https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.netdata.html

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

when i downloaded iredadmin, there was a newer version on your repo then is mentioned here. should we use the newer one or what's mentioned here?

Use the latest one (till now it's iRedAdmin-0.9.3).

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

also, you mention, "Set file/directory permission to 0400 for dumpped SQL backup files". where is this accomplished in your upgrade tutorial?

Updated iRedMail upgrade tutorial to mention this.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

and this, "Switch to utf8mb4 as default character set in MySQL", ?

No changes required for existing SQL databases.

If you need to create a new database, you're free to choose a proper character set, but for databases like "vmail", "roundcubemail", it's created in utf8mb4 by iRedMail now.

6 (edited by darth_wells 2018-12-22 03:58:39)

Webmail breaks after upgrading to 1.3.8

Debian
iRedMail     0.9.9
iRedAdmin-Pro     3.0 (MySQL)
Hostname     nm2
Uptime     8 days, 23 hours, 41 minutes.
Server Load     0.680, 0.360, 0.370
Apache 2.4.37-1

After upgrading to Roundcubemail 1.3.8 from 1.3.6

"REQUEST CHECK FAILED For your protection, access to this resource is secured against CSRF. If you see this, you probably didn't log out before leaving the web application. Human interaction is now required to continue. ...."

Post's attachments

CSRF.png
CSRF.png 59.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

This is not a programming bug/issue, please try to empty web browser cache and try again.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

then it didn't work. the service is still active and running for me. i just ran the 0.9.3 upgrade script.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

thank you.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:
fsantiago06111979 wrote:

then it didn't work. the service is still active and running for me. i just ran the 0.9.3 upgrade script.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

thank you.

it does look like it restarted it but not disabled and stopped it. maybe even remove the package altogether?

i also noted that the mysql backup script is set permission wise to u+x while the sogo script is not. is that correct? in your update docs you set chmod 0400. should it be 0500 to match? or should the other one in fact be set to 0400?

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

it does look like it restarted it but not disabled and stopped it. maybe even remove the package altogether?

It's intended to not stop/disable uwsgi service. because sysadmin may have other uwsgi applications running. We just removed iredadmin application.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

i also noted that the mysql backup script is set permission wise to u+x while the sogo script is not. is that correct? in your update docs you set chmod 0400. should it be 0500 to match? or should the other one in fact be set to 0400?

both backup scripts are ran with command like "bash /var/vmail/backup/backup_xxx.sh", it doesn't need "x" permission.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

OpenLDAP log file has been moved to /var/log/openldap/openldap.log (was /var/log/openldap.log).

但是:
/root/iRedMail-0.9.9/conf/openldap

# Log
# OpenLDAP logs to local4 by default.
export OPENLDAP_SYSLOG_FACILITY='local4'
export OPENLDAP_LOG_DIR='/var/log/openldap'
export OPENLDAP_LOG_FILE="${OPENLDAP_LOG_DIR}/openldap.log"

OPENLDAP_LOG_DIR= 設定的目錄是否需修改?

因在我的/etc/cron.daily/logrotate: 出現錯誤

Thanks

rain6966 wrote:

因在我的/etc/cron.daily/logrotate: 出現錯誤

什么错误?

另外,请不要在别人的 thread 里追问自己的问题。请自行新建一个 topic。

Hi Zhang,

Good Day!
I can't login to webmail after I have followed this guide.
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … 0.9.9.html

I think I have problem w/ this part <dovecot-read-mailbox-format-from-sql>

Here are logs from dovecot.

Jan 08 00:04:39 auth-worker(1552): Warning: mysql: Query failed, retrying: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB serve
r version for the right syntax to use near 'CONCAT(mailbox.mailboxformat, ':~/', mailbox.mailboxfolder, '/') AS mail, FROM m' at line 1

Looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards,

devedames wrote:

Hi Zhang,

Good Day!
I can't login to webmail after I have followed this guide.
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … 0.9.9.html

I think I have problem w/ this part <dovecot-read-mailbox-format-from-sql>

Here are logs from dovecot.

Jan 08 00:04:39 auth-worker(1552): Warning: mysql: Query failed, retrying: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB serve
r version for the right syntax to use near 'CONCAT(mailbox.mailboxformat, ':~/', mailbox.mailboxfolder, '/') AS mail, FROM m' at line 1

Looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards,

Currently, I have commented this line and it is working fine at /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf.
user_query = SELECT \
    '%u' AS master_user, \
    LOWER(CONCAT(mailbox.storagebasedirectory, '/', mailbox.storagenode, '/', mailbox.maildir)) AS home, \
    CONCAT('*:bytes=', mailbox.quota*1048576) AS quota_rule \
#  CONCAT(mailbox.mailboxformat, ':~/', mailbox.mailboxfolder, '/') AS mail, \

Download link for iredadminpro MySQL 3.1 is broken...?

temabu wrote:

Download link for iredadminpro MySQL 3.1 is broken...?

Sent. smile

nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:443 failed (98: Address already in use)
nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()

How can I fix this error pls?

Try to stop Nginx (or Apache) service first, then start it again.

I have a debian 9, follows instructions, but Sogo is not installed, it doesn't working.
After install, I only have roundcube without Sogo.

pb wrote:

I have a debian 9, follows instructions, but Sogo is not installed, it doesn't working.
After install, I only have roundcube without Sogo.

First of all, do not hijack other's thread. Feel free to create a new forum topic for your own issue.

Did you choose to install SOGo during iRedMail installation?

Hi, I installed the new version from scratch and it worked fine I could get the login screen.  I then followed the letsencrypt iredmail procedure and I can get a secure connection now but I land at the Welcome to nginx on Fedora!  How do I get the webroot to point back to the mail login screen.  Thanks, Kevin

Great work, been using CE version and its been great. Thank you.
I am trying to get an understanding if there is a roadmap or a plan I should engage in, to patch the server on a yearly, or bi yearly interval. Any roadmap, or expectation of how often patches will be released?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear all,

iRedMail-0.9.9 stable release has been released, also a new web-based deployment, upgrade and support platform, iRedMail Easy, https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html.

About "iRedMail Easy" - the new deployment, upgrade and support platform

This is a new web-based deployment, (one-click) upgrade and technical support platform. We rewrite iRedMail installer with Ansible for this platform, also a web interface for ease of use. It's strongly recommended to deploy NEW iRedMail server with iRedMail Easy instead of classic downloadable iRedMail installer.

For more details, please read our website, the comparison of iRedMail Easy and classic downloadable installer is available too: https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html

WARNING: It does NOT support upgrading existing iRedMail-0.9.8 (or any earlier iRedMail releases) yet.

Below are changes since iRedMail-0.9.8, and planned changes in next release.

Supports new distribution release
  • OpenBSD 6.4

• Ubuntu 18.10. WARNING: It receives only 9 months of security and maintenance updates from Ubuntu vendor, until July 2019. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PRODUCTION SERVER.

Improvements
  • netdata is able to monitor OpenLDAP. Document here: https://docs.iredmail.org/integration.n … r-openldap.

• SOGo now supports resource management with OpenLDAP backend.

• Add rc script and rules for ip6tables on Debian/Ubuntu.

• iRedAdmin is now running as a standalone service (service name 'iredadmin'), not controlled by 'uwsgi' service anymore. iRedAdmin( and iRedAdmin-Pro) upgrade script will handle this change automatically.

• For new iRedMail installation, it uses /opt/www to store web applications on all Linux distros and OpenBSD.

• Able to set per-user mailbox format (e.g. mdbox) and mailbox folder appended to maildir path in SQL/LDAP. Check document here for more details: https://docs.iredmail.org/change.mailbox.format.html.

• Switch to utf8mb4 as default character set in MySQL for new iRedMail installation.

• Set file/directory permission to 0400 for dumpped SQL backup files.

• OpenLDAP log file has been moved to /var/log/openldap/openldap.log (was /var/log/openldap.log).

Fixed issues
  • Not correctly generate/update firewall rules if ssh is listening on 2 network ports.

• Not index ldap attribute `mobile`.

• Not always specify a plain text footer file for altermime to update email sent to mlmmj mailing list.

• Use accurate Nginx url match for Roundcube.

• mlmmjadmin:

• Not set correct owner/group for config file.

• Not use correct syslog socket path on FreeBSD.

• SQL backends: Not handle alias domains for relay in Postfix.

Updated packages
  • Roundcube -> 1.3.8

• iRedAdmin -> 0.9.3

• iRedAPD -> 2.3

• mlmmjadmin -> 1.9

• uwsgi -> 2.0.17.1 (OpenBSD only)

• netdata -> 1.11.1