Topic: How to disable reverse DNS check for specific IP

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with the downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi,

I'm migrating an iRedMail server to a new one with the same hostname.
During migrations I usually relay incoming from the old server to the new one between the mailbox migration and the MX modification to avoid lost of e-mail.
I have added the old server's IP 1.2.3.4 to the mynetworks parameters in postfix and iRedAPD but the mail is still bounced.
In this case, my mail is bounced by Postfix with an error like "postfix/smtpd[28927]: warning: hostname mail.example.com does not resolve to address 1.2.3.4". the old server's IP 1.2.3.4 have a PTR record mail.example.com and from the new mail.example.com is the localhost and the reverse DNS verification doesn't match.
I have edited in Postfix settings "smtpd_sender_restrictions" and "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" to put "permit_mynetworks" in first position but it's still doesn't work.

How can I accept e-mail from the old server in this context?

Thanks,
Martin

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to disable reverse DNS check for specific IP

Martin wrote:

In this case, my mail is bounced by Postfix with an error like "postfix/smtpd[28927]: warning: hostname mail.example.com does not resolve to address 1.2.3.4". the old server's IP 1.2.3.4 have a PTR record mail.example.com and from the new mail.example.com is the localhost and the reverse DNS verification doesn't match.

This is just a warning and it doesn't trigger email rejection.

Re: How to disable reverse DNS check for specific IP

I finally add SMTP Authentication to relay mail to the new server as described in https://docs.iredmail.org/relayhost.html, all relayed are accepted.