Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-1.4.0

nobaschwa wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Excuse me, what do you mean "a prefix for the mailling lists"?

Hey,

adding a Prefix to the mail subject, like

[list ABC] ORIGINAL SUBJECT

Greetz
Norman

Hey there,

do you plan to integrate this feature. I think it could be easily integrated in iredapd. As I understand there ist checked if a mail adress is an list via LDAP. Isn't it possible to add a LDAP Query for the prefix and adding it to the subject?

Greetz
Norman

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

nobaschwa wrote:

do you plan to integrate this feature. I think it could be easily integrated in iredapd. As I understand there ist checked if a mail adress is an list via LDAP. Isn't it possible to add a LDAP Query for the prefix and adding it to the subject?

iRedAPD just check SMTP session, not mail header, so it's impossible.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
nobaschwa wrote:

iRedAPD just check SMTP session, not mail header, so it's impossible.

Oh OK I missunderstod the meaninf of iredapd. Sorry. Where do you check if a recipient is a maillist and of which type it is (moderated etc.)?
Is there an other way to integrate a prefix to the subject? This is the only feature I'm missing about your maillist integration. So the integration of mailman or sympa wouldn't be needed if you integrate this small improvement smile

No plan to achieve this feature with iRedAPD, sorry.
Maybe we can integrate Sympa. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No plan to achieve this feature with iRedAPD, sorry.
Maybe we can integrate Sympa. smile

That would be fine too smile
Sympa is a very cool tool, but I don't want to configure accounts and lists in different tools.

nobaschwa wrote:

but I don't want to configure accounts and lists in different tools.

Sympa supports LDAP integration too.
But we don't promise when iRedMail+Sympa will be available.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

We'd like to hear from you, tell us what you want to be available in next release - iRedAdmin-Pro-1.4.0.

A previous admin program I've used in the past has the ability to auto-generate (pronounceable, rememberable) passwords for new accounts (or in some case present a list of 5 generated passwords to choose from, or allow you to type one of your own).  We've found this very useful in providing relatively secure passwords when creating a new user account.  The utility used to generate these passwords was called "apg".   Would be nice to see this integrated.

Cheers,
>>>>> Mike <<<<<

Hi, mcisar. What's the web site of "apg"?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi, mcisar. What's the web site of "apg"?

http://www.adel.nursat.kz/apg/ is the website

There are RPM's available in Fedora, so you could proably re-build easily for RHEL/Centos at the least.

Cheers!
>>>>> Mike <<<<<

i nice howto on how to install iRedamin-Pro without having to upgrade from OSE on a fresh installation that we choose not to install  iRedadmin-OSE

drsys wrote:

i nice howto on how to install iRedamin-Pro without having to upgrade from OSE on a fresh installation that we choose not to install  iRedadmin-OSE

You don't have to upgrade it, just leave it alone, and install iRedAdmin-Pro by following the installation guide.