Topic: ERROR Failed to execute unban

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7 PGSQL edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes sr
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi guys i have a problem because i can not connect to iredmail from my_ip.
I reviewed f2b-postfix iptables chain and my_ip is reject

1. How can I know why was blocked my_ip?
2. How can i unban my_ip?

I reviewed logs messages and saw this:

fail2ban.actions[14159]: ERROR Failed to execute unban jail 'postfix-iredmail' action 'iptables-multiport' info '{'matches': 'Jan 17 10:53:22 correo postfix/submission/smtpd[7224]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown [my_ip]

Please guide me.

Sorry for my english

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ERROR Failed to execute unban

usuario.cali wrote:

1. How can I know why was blocked my_ip?

Check fail2ban and relevant log files. If it's banned in "f2b-postfix", then check postfix log file (/var/log/maillog).

usuario.cali wrote:

2. How can i unban my_ip?

- Download this file: https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/raw/ … nban_ip.sh
- Run: bash fail2ban_unban_ip.sh 192.168.1.1

Replace '192.168.1.1' by the real IP you want to unban.

Mr Zhang my logs said things like: "Jan 21 09:58:43 correo postfix/submission/smtpd[XXXX]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[MY_IP]: 554 5.7.1 <user@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Policy rejection due to null sender; from=<> to=<user@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<PC_NAME>"

Is possible that it is the reason why my ip was blocked?, if the answer is yes, is it a bug like says this link https://serverfault.com/questions/71592 … d-bounces?

What do you think is the best way that should i take?

Sorry for my english

usuario.cali wrote:

Is possible that it is the reason why my ip was blocked?

Yes. it's caught by Fail2ban filter in /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/postfix.iredmail.conf.

usuario.cali wrote:

if the answer is yes, is it a bug like says this link

Not a bug, it's intended.

usuario.cali wrote:

What do you think is the best way that should i take?

Sending email as null sender is mostly like SPAM, you should use a valid sender address (email address).

Mr Zhang how is possible send mail with a null sender?, the computers behind MY_IP use roundcube and outlook software, how can i identify that situation?

usuario.cali wrote:

Jan 21 09:58:43 correo postfix/submission/smtpd[XXXX]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[MY_IP]: 554 5.7.1 <user@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Policy rejection due to null sender; from=<> to=<user@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<PC_NAME>

Check this log line, "from=<>", it doesn't have a email address as sender. That means client (either Outlook or other smtp client) didn't specify a sender address in smtp session (note: it's not same as the sender address in email header).

I don't know how your client produced this null sender without investigation. sad

Mr Zhang, i have several PCs behind MY_IP, can you suggest me something to identify which did PC sent the mail with from<>?

You can identity it by the "helo=<PC_NAME>" of Postfix log line.