Topic: Can anyone actually deliver emails to Outlook and Gmail?

I've been running iRedMail for 2 years now, the same IP same domain. Just 1 user. I would've thought that it would be easy to get past spam filters when you're not sending mass emails, just a personal email every now and then. But no. For the entire 2 years all my emails to @outlook.com addresses have gone straight to the spam folder. Now my emails to Gmail are also marked as spam. Microsoft and Google form like the majority of email accounts nowadays, so it doesn't really make sense to use iRedMail to send email now.

I've set up everything (DKIM, Reverse DNS, etc.) I'm not on any blacklists. No-one has ever sent a single spam email from my domain or the IP of my server during the 2 years I've had them. Mail-tester.com gives me 10/10 for deliverability. Glockapps doesn't show me anything to fix either.

Can anybody here - who's using iRedMail as a personal server with low volume - actually send email to Outlook and Gmail and get past the spam filters? Can you show proof?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can anyone actually deliver emails to Outlook and Gmail?

baobab wrote:

I've been running iRedMail for 2 years now, the same IP same domain. Just 1 user. I would've thought that it would be easy to get past spam filters when you're not sending mass emails, just a personal email every now and then. But no. For the entire 2 years all my emails to @outlook.com addresses have gone straight to the spam folder. Now my emails to Gmail are also marked as spam. Microsoft and Google form like the majority of email accounts nowadays, so it doesn't really make sense to use iRedMail to send email now.

I've set up everything (DKIM, Reverse DNS, etc.) I'm not on any blacklists. No-one has ever sent a single spam email from my domain or the IP of my server during the 2 years I've had them. Mail-tester.com gives me 10/10 for deliverability. Glockapps doesn't show me anything to fix either.

Can anybody here - who's using iRedMail as a personal server with low volume - actually send email to Outlook and Gmail and get past the spam filters? Can you show proof?

Well, i have Mail server for private use. And nothing happened as you said. What kind of proof you request?

morethanlazy wrote:

Well, i have Mail server for private use. And nothing happened as you said. What kind of proof you request?

Could you try a service like glockapps? They give you a list of ~50 recipients, you send them an email with a special id, and then they report what percentage of your emails was delivered to recipients' inboxes. Perhaps "proof" was a bit grand, I would be happy to just hear you try that and then tell me that it was 100%.

4 (edited by morethanlazy 2019-02-03 09:53:49)

You are right, tried to send bulk mails on glockapp and results show Gmail and outlook delivered to spam but when i tried to send mail to my friends adresess both gmail and outlook it ok delivered.

And also spfbl Black listed me, requested removing link. And it is ok now.  Another thing is “SpamAssassin thinks your email is SPAM. You may have delivery problems.”

“The famous spam filter SpamAssassin. Score: 5.1. A score above 5 is considered spam.
You need to fix "red" and "yellow" points to improve your deliverability.”

2.5    BODY_SINGLE_WORD     Messages was a single word thats ok.

2    PYZOR_CHECK No idea about pyzor

But if send a normally written mail, i will pass this step

morethanlazy wrote:

You are right, tried to send bulk mails on glockapp and results show Gmail and outlook delivered to spam but when i tried to send mail to my friends adresess both gmail and outlook it ok delivered.

The most likely explanation for this is that your friends have previously sent email to you. This allows Gmail/Outlook to know that your emails to them are wanted.

Most probably, hope someone experienced this before can help us to clarify this situation

I'm currently looking into using an external SMTP server hosted by someone else with high volume of non-spam email. Migadu and Postmark seem like the most promising options.

If anyone else is having deliverability issues, I can confirm that Postmark is working great for me, and it's free up to 100 sent emails per day, which is more than enough for a personal email server.

morethanlazy wrote:

2.5    BODY_SINGLE_WORD     Messages was a single word thats ok.

This means your testing email body contains only one single word. This is like many spam messages do. You should write some more text in your testing email, then it should be fine.

I tried to send another Mail to gmail address again my mail sent to spambox. What might be causing this?

Do you have correct DNS records? A, MX, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, Reverse PTR.

13 (edited by morethanlazy 2019-02-18 09:34:46)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have correct DNS records? A, MX, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, Reverse PTR.

They are all ok. Here is the screen shot of my records. (Reverse ptr done at the first stage)

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c351591131334464

Ps : third one on the picture spf Record.

Is this website helpful?
https://sendersupport.olc.protection.outlook.com/pm/

Nope they just say “all seems ok” , just stucked at this point

- What's the situation now? it's been many days.
- Did you send normal email for testing, or just single word in email?

It is ok right now, thank you