Topic: SOGo address book and calendar with Android

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Has anybody here managed to link and sync the SOGo addressbook and/or calendar to an Android smartphone?

It fails for some reason and the android device attempting to connect triggers the SERVER IS DISABLED UNTIL THE TIMED RETRY.  As far as I can see this means waiting an hour between attempts.  This makes it truly frustrating to try to investigate the solution, so if nobody else has succeeded I will save the effort and manage with g****e instead.

TIA

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo address book and calendar with Android

I didn't get this error and SOGo works fine for me.
if you believe this is a bug of SOGo, try to report this issue in SOGo bug tracker: https://sogo.nu/bugs/

I suggest try other CalDAV/CardDAV mobile apps or desktop applications for testing, to make sure it's not an Android app issue.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I didn't get this error and SOGo works fine for me.
if you believe this is a bug of SOGo, try to report this issue in SOGo bug tracker: https://sogo.nu/bugs/

I suggest try other CalDAV/CardDAV mobile apps or desktop applications for testing, to make sure it's not an Android app issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Because the server is blocking for an hour after every attempt, testing is not convenient. I have spent all my spare time for the last week trying various alternatives on a different server where at least I can work continuously. I have now abandoned the project as neither sogo nor any of four alternatives could be installed without an in-depth knowledge of Caldav/Carddav and of Postfix and Dovecot. I will have to try again in a year or two, when perhaps the default configuration for some of these may run without manual configuration.  Meanwhile google will continue to benefit from my data.

You should check relevant log files first to figure out what happened and paste the log here so that others can help troubleshoot. if you gave up so soon, i'm afraid it's not so easy for you to embrace open source softwares (OSS).

I understand OSS should make themselves working better, but sometimes it doesn't work due to programming bugs, network issues, or others. If it works for someone, that means it's very possible that it's not a bug of the OSS itself.

If you believe it's a bug, and if you didn't report it to developers, they will not know there's a bug which causes you trouble to use the software, they will not fix it until they experience the bug themselves.