Topic: Moving to new server; iRedAdmin v0.8 to v0.9.4
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PgSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?No
I'm preparing to move from iRedMail 0.9.7 with iRedAdmin v0.8 to a new server on which I'll have the latest versions. The reason I have such an old version of iRedAdmin was the switch from Apache to Nginx; I've never been a fan of the latter and since I am running other websites on Apache on the same server, I didn't want to risk the upgrade to more recent versions mucking with my sites. The new server is a dedicated server, and I have a separate VM setup in which I'll be running iRedMail, so that will no longer be an issue.
The question I have, is whether or not I'm going to need to upgrade the old installation prior to doing a backup so that I can move everything over to the new server, or whether the new installation will simply work with the backup and perform updates as necessary. I'm guessing I'll have to do the incremental updates/upgrades first. Can anyone confirm which way to go here?