Topic: how to change default reply address of a mailbox

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, is there a way to change the reply address for a mailbox in Sogo?  Basically, I created some mailboxes using the format firstname@mydomain.com and people started receiving emails.  Now they want it in the format of firstname.lastname@mydomain.com.

In exchange server you can just add aliases for a mailbox and set the default reply-to address.  I see you can add aliases for a mailbox vi MySQL commands or the iredadmin pro version but is there a way to set one of the aliases as the reply address?

Thanks,
S

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: how to change default reply address of a mailbox

sw1 wrote:

but is there a way to set one of the aliases as the reply address?

This should be done by the MUA (SOGo, Outlook, Thunderbird, ...), not in SQL database.

With SOGo, you can edit it on the web UI: Preferences -> Mail -> Edit your mail account -> Reply-To Email.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
sw1 wrote:

but is there a way to set one of the aliases as the reply address?

This should be done by the MUA (SOGo, Outlook, Thunderbird, ...), not in SQL database.

With SOGo, you can edit it on the web UI: Preferences -> Mail -> Edit your mail account -> Reply-To Email.

When you've only got the localhost IMAP account listed in the web UI, it won't allow you to modify the reply-to email address.  That's what I want to change.  Is there any other way to change it or is that just a limitation of the web UI?

You can find parameter "SOGoMailCustomFromEnabled = NO;" in sogo config file (sogo.conf), set its value to YES will allow you to customize the from address.

WARNING: it's a global setting, and all users are able to customize it. It's possible that some user may set it to a different user to send phish email or spams. you have been warned. smile

Awesome! thanks, that's what I was looking for.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can find parameter "SOGoMailCustomFromEnabled = NO;" in sogo config file (sogo.conf), set its value to YES will allow you to customize the from address.

WARNING: it's a global setting, and all users are able to customize it. It's possible that some user may set it to a different user to send phish email or spams. you have been warned. smile