Topic: IMAP SPAM sieve plugin

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I just finished https://docs.iredmail.org/dovecot.imapsieve.html tutorial. Seem like things are working as described , however 2 questions :

1. Where is the base stored where all trained spam/ham stored at the end of the day ? (Just to know where can i clean it )

2. Does this plugin somehow related to "Quarantined Mails" which is used in iRedAdmin ? Should it be enabled in paralel, or should i disable the Quarantine once sieve plugins starts working ?

Thanks in advance !

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IMAP SPAM sieve plugin

bigweb wrote:

1. Where is the base stored where all trained spam/ham stored at the end of the day ? (Just to know where can i clean it )

Do you mean the bayes database? If you didn't update SpamAsssassin config file to store bayes in SQL db, then it's stored in Amavisd daemon user's home directory.

bigweb wrote:

2. Does this plugin somehow related to "Quarantined Mails" which is used in iRedAdmin ? Should it be enabled in paralel, or should i disable the Quarantine once sieve plugins starts working ?

Not directly related.

- imapsieve moves emails to a folder for later scanning
- sa-learn scans the emails and update bayes db
- next time Amavisd calls SpamAssassin (SA) to scan email, SA uses the bayes db for judgement. The more emails it moved/learnt, the more accurate SA can detect the spam.
- If amavisd is configured to quarantine detected spam in SQL db, then yes you get them in the "Quarantined Mails" in iRedAdmin-Pro - it just manages the quarantined mails in SQL db.

Hope it helps.