Topic: Upgrade from 0.9.4. tot 0.9.9
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 16.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I am wondering that is possible to do a whole upgrade from version 0.9.4. to 0.9.9. I was thinking to deploy a new VM machine with the latest iredmail package and copy the whole /var/vmail/vmail1 folder to the new server and export en import MySQL.
The current server has to many changes which i lost track. Therefor i don't want to update via the update documentation but instead install a complete new server en copy the required data.
Does anyone have experience to do so? is there anything i need to know before doing this?