Topic: How to flag SPAM emails as SPAM on the Roundcube?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello, I am new to Redmail and wanted to see if it is possible for Spam emails to be flagged as SPAM on the Roundcube side of the webmail server. Additionally, if I wanted to add notification to the administrator that an Spam email has been sent, I saw that there was a notification section in the conf.d/50-user config file but I am not too sure how to make it go to a specific admin account in our domain. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to flag SPAM emails as SPAM on the Roundcube?

jds115 wrote:

Hello, I am new to Redmail and wanted to see if it is possible for Spam emails to be flagged as SPAM on the Roundcube side of the webmail server.

Package "spamassassin" ships a sample spam message, you can use it for testing. for example:

mail -s "test spam" postmaster@mydomain.com < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/examples/sample-spam.txt

Then check the email you received, also importantly, check Postfix log file.

jds115 wrote:

Additionally, if I wanted to add notification to the administrator that an Spam email has been sent

You need to configure Amavisd (/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user), search "spam_admin_maps".