Topic: How to enable forwarding for all delimiters

I'm just wondering how to enable forwarding for all delimiters (via SQL)

eg.

If i have this record:

+----+------------------------+------------------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+---------+---------------+----------+--------+
| id | address                | forwarding             | domain      | dest_domain | is_maillist | is_list | is_forwarding | is_alias | active |
+----+------------------------+------------------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+---------+---------------+----------+--------+
|  3 | blue@example.net       | external@gmail.com   | example.net | gmail.com   |           0 |       0 |             1 |        0 |      1 |

then email will correctly forward to gmail when sent to blue@example.net - however an email sent to blue+red@example.net will not be forwarded to gmail

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to enable forwarding for all delimiters

Column "address" stores source address, it must be a full email address without address extension ("+red" in your case).

I understand, but how can I make these email be forwarded?

Is this not going to be possible?

alec.iredmail wrote:

however an email sent to blue+red@example.net will not be forwarded to gmail

I don't understand this issue, Postfix will strip the address extension ("+red") and query with "blue@example.net", and get the forwarding address.

- What's the original error message in Postfix log file related to this issue?
- Please show us output of command "postconf recipient_delimiter".

I think I have found the issue - the issue is that the forwarding address is appended with the extension, and the same delimiter. so in this example :

blue+red@example.com

will be forwarded to

external+red@gmail.com

this is fine, however if I am to use

blue.red@example.com

then the email will forward to

example.red@gmail.com

gmail doesn't accept . as a delimiter so the email is dropped.

alec.iredmail wrote:

however if I am to use
blue.red@example.com
then the email will forward to
example.red@gmail.com

iRedMail doesn't use dot (.) as a delimiter by default. Did you modify this setting?