Topic: iRedMail + Webserver a problem?

Hi, I just istalled iRedMail, BTW the installation is even smoother now than when I tested for the first time like 2 years ago, congrats.

My question is: Can/should I use the same server to host websites or a separated server is needed/recommended.
It would be for just 3 very low traffic sites and a couple low/medium traffic sites, all Joomla based all low render time except for one.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail + Webserver a problem?

Of course you can host both web and mail services on same server.

But, since iRedMail is designed to deploy on a FRESH server, you have to install iRedMail first, and then deploy others (Joomla, etc).

3 (edited by Yosu 2010-12-23 21:46:59)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Of course you can host both web and mail services on same server.

But, since iRedMail is designed to deploy on a FRESH server, you have to install iRedMail first, and then deploy others (Joomla, etc).

Understood, Can I use the same apache that iRedMail installs and just add virtual domains as usual?

Well, my question is not only about if it is possible but more about if it is recommended or a good practice.

Yosu wrote:

Understood, Can I use the same apache that iRedMail installs and just add virtual domains as usual?
Well, my question is not only about if it is possible but more about if it is recommended or a good practice.

Of course you can use the Apache which iRedMail installed.

On Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 (mentioned in your previous forum post), iRedMail install all binary packages from Ubuntu official APT repositories, so, why not use it directly? smile

Thank you Zhang, excellent support indeed!
Sorry for my newbie questions, just wanted to make sure.
Do you need any help with the project? I am no linux expert but maybe I can help with other stuff...

Yosu wrote:

Do you need any help with the project? I am no linux expert but maybe I can help with other stuff...

Hope you will enjoy iRedMail, that's all what i expect.
Thanks very much for your help. smile

7 (edited by Yosu 2010-12-24 00:18:56)

OK! btw, where did the iRedMail setup put apache's 'www' directory?

Also, I installed php5 libapache2-mod-php5

Then...
php5-mysql php5-curl php5-gd php5-idn php-pear php5-imagick php5-imap php5-mcrypt php5-memcache php5-mhash php5-ming php5-ps php5-pspell php5-recode php5-snmp php5-sqlite php5-tidy php5-xmlrpc php5-xsl php5-json

Now I am unable to get to phpmyadmin (didn't test before doing the php5 install)

And last question, If I install mod_security, may it interfere with iRedMail?

iRedMail just use the original config/path on all Linux/BSD distributions, so you can use 'dpkg' to check the 'www' directory. for example:

# dpkg -L apache2.2-common
# dpkg -L apache2-mpm-prefork

You can also open iRedMail-x.y.z/conf/apache_php as reference.