Topic: LDAP Backend Global address book

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
I was wondering is there any way to add contacts to LDAP global address book, (external contacts: like importing a csv or anything else)

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP Backend Global address book

Currently, no. Default global LDAP address book is the list of all mail users on your mail server, no external users.
Technically, you add update LDAP data to store external contacts, then update webmail to query them as global address book.

Question for you:

- why add external users in global address book?
- you want to display this global address book in which web application? Roundcube? SOGo?

for the first question, I've other mail platform and want the address book to be displayed for iRedmail users.

users are on Roundcube, with my current setup I don't have SOGo.

You can use another ldap ou to store these external contacts, and add a new ldap address book in Roundcube to query this new ldap ou.

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

Any recommended guide we can follow for our iRedMail setup to make Roundcube query another OU as an address book?

bassem.elbeheiry wrote:

Any recommended guide we can follow for our iRedMail setup to make Roundcube query another OU as an address book?

I don't have a recommended guide. But since it's ldap, you can just add a ou (e.g. o=abook,dc=xx,dc=xx) to store your external contacts.

If you deployed iRedMail with OpenLDAP backend, roundcube will have a ldap address book to query default iRedMail users. You can simply copy the config snippet, modify it to query your own ldap ou (o=abook,dc=xx,dc=xx).

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

Can we configure RoundCube to query more than one OU as a source for the address book? the thing is we need to import external e-mail accounts to show as contacts in the Global Address Book without crating mail accounts for them on LDAP

Thanks

bassem.elbeheiry wrote:

Can we configure RoundCube to query more than one OU as a source for the address book?

Sure. As many as you want. smile

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

I tried adding address book objects but it didn't work, could you provide us on how to edit config.inc.php to accept both the mail users (mail=) the (cn=) address book object?

I added the below o the config file and iRedMail was inaccessible after that so I had to roll back the changes:

'base_dn'       => 'ou=Contacts,domainName=domain.com,o=domains,dc=domain,dc=com',
'bind_dn'       => 'cn=%u,ou=Contacts,domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=domain,dc=com',

Please check Roundcube log file to figure out why it's inaccessible.