Topic: Migration from GApps to iRedMail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I was wondering are there any success stories of fully migrating all GApps emails into your iRedMail installation?

Also, is there an easy way to setup and configure Roundcube if you did not select it during the initial install?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migration from GApps to iRedMail

wylel wrote:

I was wondering are there any success stories of fully migrating all GApps emails into your iRedMail installation?

Yes we did the migration before:

- mailboxes can be successfully migrated.
- end users have to export calendars, contacts manually, then import them with SOGo Groupware.

wylel wrote:

Also, is there an easy way to setup and configure Roundcube if you did not select it during the initial install?

With the downloadable iRedMail installer, no. But easy with our iRedMail Easy platform:
https://forum.iredmail.org/

Re: Migration from GApps to iRedMail

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
wylel wrote:

Yes we did the migration before:

- mailboxes can be successfully migrated.
- end users have to export calendars, contacts manually, then import them with SOGo Groupware.

wylel wrote:

With the downloadable iRedMail installer, no. But easy with our iRedMail Easy platform:
https://forum.iredmail.org/

Hey Zhang, thank you for the reply! You are busy around here! I am looking for a way to do this myself, not only to save money but also learn more about the inner workings of mail servers.

Roundcube I will configure separately and link it to the mail settings. Migration will be done with Cal/Contacts myself, but I am unsure how to do so with the email.