Topic: Nextcloud login for iRedMail users

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? no
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: DEBIAN 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi all, I'm going to install Nextcloud on the same instance with my brand new iRedMail and I want iRedMail users to be able to login into Nextcloud directly. I know that people have done it, but could you spare a minute and give me some pointers?

Specifically - can I stay with SQL backend in iRedMail and utilise "User and Group SQL Backend" plugin for Nextcloud? Did it work for anybody? How did you access the userlist/passwords from the iRedMail SQL?

Or should I reinstall while it's fresh and go with LDAP backend for iRedMail? In this case, how do I call iRedMail LDAP to gain access from the NextCloud "LDAP user and group backend" plugin?

Again, it will be the same machine.

Thank you, this product and community are awesome.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Nextcloud login for iRedMail users

I personally didn't try NextCloud, sorry.
Hope this forum post helps:
https://forum.iredmail.org/topic5128-ir … erver.html

You can find some more posts in this forum.

Re: Nextcloud login for iRedMail users

Thanks for the link Zhang, I personally gravitate towards SQL backend, so I will tread the waters and try to authenticate users from there. When I succeed, I'll share in the forum.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I personally didn't try NextCloud, sorry.
Hope this forum post helps:
https://forum.iredmail.org/topic5128-ir … erver.html

You can find some more posts in this forum.