1 (edited by iolumbro 2019-05-04 21:28:58)

Topic: iRedMail and websites (WordPress) on the same server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, I'm really a newbie, until a few days ago I didn't know iRedMail nor did I ever set up a mail server ...
Yesterday I performed a clean installation of Debian 9.9 and installed iRedMail, everything works perfectly, but I need to use the same server to host my personal website (built with WordPress) and a couple of webapps...
If I install everything as I had done on my server before iRedMail and I try to visit my site I get the 502 Bad Gateway error.
I noticed that if I modify the file /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf replacing the line listen = 127.0.0.1:9999 with /run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock the error disappears I can no longer access roudcube. I also had to comment on the <meta HTTP-EQUIV = "REFRESH" content = "0; url = / mail /"> line in /var/www/html/index.html to avoid redirects.

I need your help, please: what is the best way to make iRedMail and other websites live together on the same server?

Need I to change from php7.0-fpm.sock to 127.0.0.1 ip in every Nginx configuration file? Possibility of side effects?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail and websites (WordPress) on the same server

- I think you do not need to modify /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/www.conf.
- If you added new Nginx config snippet(s), just avoid the config used to setup php-fpm. It's better show us your full extra Nginx config.