Topic: sender-ip for outgoing relay
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.7
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer: Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes, with Pro
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
We are using "Sender dependent relay host" setting for several accounts wich worked fine. But now we are facing a problem with the sender-ip.
When the email is sent by an external client (authentication works fine), the spf check on the relay server fails, because it checks the IP from the external client and not the IP from iredmail Server.
Is this supposed to be so, or can I change this behavior.