Topic: Max Mail-Size Settings and Throttling
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes 3.4 (patched)
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
our users have sometimes quite different ideas about needed mail sizes :-/
To accomplish all different needs, I would like to
- have rather large max sizes on system level
- have a pretty small max size setting global in iRedMail using Throttle plugin
- adjust on domain level with Throttle plugin
Unfortunately, I have at least two problems with that:
1) Where do I find the global throttle settings in iRedAdmin V 3.4?
2) Following https://docs.iredmail.org/change.mail.a … .size.html I try to set postfix defaults with
postconf -e message_size_limit=104857600
even after restarting postfix, checking the settings gives other values:
# postconf -d | grep message_size_limit
message_size_limit = 10240000
/etc/postfix/main.cf has another value...
# Default message_size_limit.
message_size_limit = 36700160
Can you help me, please?