Topic: failed to receive activation mail from Sina Weibo

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I failed to receive activation mail from Sina Weibo. The postfix log is:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail182-229.sinamail.sina.com.cn[202.106.182.229]: 450 4.7.1 <smtp-5-138.sinamail.sina.com.cn>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<noreply@service.weibo.com> to=<123@abc.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp-5-138.sinamail.sina.com.cn>

123@abc.com is a dummy address, the actual address is my own email address.

Could anyone help?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by swejun 2019-05-29 20:22:58)

Re: failed to receive activation mail from Sina Weibo

Is it related to DNS lookup on your mail server?
If I do it manually, it works fine:

$ host mail182-229.sinamail.sina.com.cn
mail182-229.sinamail.sina.com.cn has address 202.106.182.229

Edit:
On the other hand, the problem is the host name given in the ehlo message  smtp-5-138.sinamail.sina.com.cn , which does not resolves with DNS

So iredmail thinks that the sender host is trying to fake an invalid host name when connecting.

zzd wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,

I failed to receive activation mail from Sina Weibo. The postfix log is:

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail182-229.sinamail.sina.com.cn[202.106.182.229]: 450 4.7.1 <smtp-5-138.sinamail.sina.com.cn>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<noreply@service.weibo.com> to=<123@abc.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp-5-138.sinamail.sina.com.cn>

123@abc.com is a dummy address, the actual address is my own email address.

Could anyone help?

Re: failed to receive activation mail from Sina Weibo

swejun wrote:

Edit:
On the other hand, the problem is the host name given in the ehlo message  smtp-5-138.sinamail.sina.com.cn , which does not resolves with DNS

So iredmail thinks that the sender host is trying to fake an invalid host name when connecting.

Correct.

As a temporary solution, you can whitelist this host in /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre.

BTW, i can not believe that big company like sina makes stupid mistake like this.