Topic: Upgrade PHP version from 7.0 to 7.2

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
I've a VirtualBox virtual machine running Debian 9.9 I use as little mail server (configured from scratch with iRedMail) and web server too with a WordPress website. It works like a charme but, for WordPress development purposes, I need to upgrade the version of PHP from 7.0 (Debian 9 default) to 7.2. I installed 7.2 using Sury.org repository and now if I check with

php -v

it shows

PHP 7.2.19-1+0~20190531112637.22+stretch~1.gbp75765b (cli) (built: May 31 2019 11:26:38) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.2.19-1+0~20190531112637.22+stretch~1.gbp75765b, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

but web server still using default 7.0.33 version.

I read HERE is suggested do not use third-party repository but do a manual upgrade: how manually upgrade from default 7.0 to 7.2?

Please, help, thank you!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade PHP version from 7.0 to 7.2

Check /etc/nginx/conf-enabled/php-fpm.conf, Nginx connects to php-fpm server, you may want to update this config file to connect to php-fpm 7.2.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Check /etc/nginx/conf-enabled/php-fpm.conf, Nginx connects to php-fpm server, you may want to update this config file to connect to php-fpm 7.2.

Thank you for reply but for simplify and make cleaner things I decided to setup a new virtual machine with Ubuntu 19.04 instead of Debian 9.9 to have newer versions of many components including PHP 7.2.
Unfortunately I get errors when I launch iRedMail 0.9.9 install script:

Package ripole is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package python-webpy is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'ripole' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'python-webpy' has no installation candidate
<< ERROR >> Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
<< ERROR >> If you're not sure what the problem is, try to get help in iRedMail
<< ERROR >> forum: https://forum.iredmail.org/

Possible solution for missing packages?

Please use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS instead.

- iRedMail-0.9.9 was not tested on Ubuntu 19.04, so this error is expected. And it's caused by missing package "python-webpy" (web.py web framework for Python-2).
- 19.04 is not a LTS edition, it will be abandoned in half year, not good for a production mail server.
- We have no plan to support non-LTS edition anymore.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS instead.

- iRedMail-0.9.9 was not tested on Ubuntu 19.04, so this error is expected. And it's caused by missing package "python-webpy" (web.py web framework for Python-2).
- 19.04 is not a LTS edition, it will be abandoned in half year, not good for a production mail server.
- We have no plan to support non-LTS edition anymore.

Ok, thank you!