Topic: Migrating from one physical server to another

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi All,

I have installed a fresh copy of iRedMail version 0.9.9. I also have iRedadmin Pro, MySql Version.

The old server that I want to migrate from is running iRedMail-0.6.1 with the free iRedadmin, and running mysql database.

Is it possible to migrate all users, mails, etc without having to build a new database from scratch. Please share some guideline.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating from one physical server to another

wow, iRedMail-0.6.1, released on Aug 14, 2010. There're a lot changes in 9 years.

The simplest way to migrate mail accounts might be writing some shell/python/perl scripts to convert them to required formats in iRedMail-0.9.9.

For mailboxes, should be safe to copy (like 'cp', 'scp') directly, just make sure the maildir path matches the one stored in SQL db.

We offer paid migration support if you need assistance:
https://www.iredmail.org/support.html

Re: Migrating from one physical server to another

Thanks! I got it to work by copying the maildir contents to the new server and changing permissions to vmail. Now I got all mails from the previous server. However I had to manually register new email addresses first on iRedAdminPro...which is ok.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

wow, iRedMail-0.6.1, released on Aug 14, 2010. There're a lot changes in 9 years.

The simplest way to migrate mail accounts might be writing some shell/python/perl scripts to convert them to required formats in iRedMail-0.9.9.

For mailboxes, should be safe to copy (like 'cp', 'scp') directly, just make sure the maildir path matches the one stored in SQL db.

We offer paid migration support if you need assistance:
https://www.iredmail.org/support.html