Topic: How to use other mail accourt insiste iredmail?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
I  dont  already  installed iredmail but want  to know:
Do I need to do special configurations to send  and receive  mails to/from  gmail  and Hotmail  with iredmail ?  Can I import  my hotmail  messages  and  gmail  messages  insiste roundcube ?
Thank

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to use other mail accourt insiste iredmail?

mcp wrote:

Do I need to do special configurations to send  and receive  mails to/from  gmail  and Hotmail  with iredmail ?  Can I import  my hotmail  messages  and  gmail  messages  insiste roundcube ?

Yes, you need to install and configure either "fetchmail" or "getmail" to retrieve emails from other IMAP/POP3 server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
mcp wrote:

Yes, you need to install and configure either "fetchmail" or "getmail" to retrieve emails from other IMAP/POP3 server.

Hello thank for the help.  I dont know about fetchmail or getmail .. Will they do the job automatically or  do I run manually each  time I  receive new mails. In gmail  or hotmail you  can define another email account to  forward to  so  that it does the job automatically.   Can we do the same in iredmail ?  Can we configure hotmail  or gmail domain in  iredadmin ?
Thank.

- They support fetching in certain period/interval, so yes it does the job automatically.
- iRedMail doesn't integrate them, but you're free to setup them.

mcp wrote:

Can we configure hotmail  or gmail domain in  iredadmin ?

What does this mean?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- They support fetching in certain period/interval, so yes it does the job automatically.
- iRedMail doesn't integrate them, but you're free to setup them.

mcp wrote:

Can we configure hotmail  or gmail domain in  iredadmin ?

What does this mean?

Because I dont known anything about fetchmail, how it will bring my gmail messages into my iredmail mailbox?  Do I run fetchmail from a particular folder/directory or is it defined inside a config file, or something else.  What I mean is how fetchmail will know where to place the retrieved gmail messages ?

Thank.

It connects to your Gmail mailbox via IMAP protocol, fetch new emails and pipe to Dovecot LDA for local mailbox delivery.