Topic: Amavisd connection timeout on releasing quarantined mail
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? No idea.
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes, 2.4.0-MySQL
Not sure if this was already reported, and/or already addressed. But if not:
Was called to a client this morning running iRedMail, because they got timeout errors when they tried to release quarantined email.
After spending some time checking the amavisd config (which turned out to be fine) I found that quarantine.py uses amavisd_db_host to connect to port 9998, which doesn't work if you use a shared database cluster instead of a local DB, like this client did.
To fix it, I have addded amavisd_quarantine_host to settings.py, with a value of "127.0.0.1", and changed quarantine.py to use that.
Now it releases without problems.