1 (edited by peterbata 2019-06-29 07:07:34)

Topic: Web & Mail server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hello all. First time post.

iRedMail v.0.9.9
Ubuntu 18.04 Server Bionic Beaver
Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 8G ram

My question:

Can I host both my Prestashop e-Commerce site and iRedMail on the very same PC.

Thank you in advance.

Peter

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by Neutro 2019-06-29 06:21:14)

Re: Web & Mail server

Hello and welcome smile

It's possible to run them on the same linux install but not recommended as it makes the maintenance harder.

Golden rule of pro IT is one install for 1 usage.

Convert your current server to a virtual machine using vmware converter (it can be done from another machine remotely while the server is running) then backup the VM file generated and test that it is working properly (if your internet connection is fast enough download the VM file and test locally on your computer with Vmware player).

Then wipe your server, install ESXI on it (register on vmware and they give you a free cd key), import your server's VM and create a new one for iredmail.

Your server is powerful enough to run these with no problem. You can probably even add more VMs for other usages if you need.

VM = easiest way to manage servers.

It should also be possible to do the same with another hypervisor solution like Proxmox but I've never used it.

Note that your server ISP must be able to provide you additional external IP addresses to run ESXI and both VMs at the same time (3 IP addresses required in total, one for each). Usually additional IP addresses costs around 1€ a month.

Re: Web & Mail server

@Neutro Thank you so much for the prompt reply. Much appreciated. Have a safe and wonderful weekend. Peter