Topic: Throttling per user - question

Hello,
I want to know if we Throttle a user to send 10 emails per 1-minutes if use exceeds more than this value that emails will queue and send after 1-minutes or they will be rejected?
if they will be rejected is there any way that queues them and send them after 1-minutes?

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Throttling per user - question

blackmetal wrote:

I want to know if we Throttle a user to send 10 emails per 1-minutes if use exceeds more than this value that emails will queue and send after 1-minutes or they will be rejected?

Rejected.

blackmetal wrote:

if they will be rejected is there any way that queues them and send them after 1-minutes?

Currently only rejecting is supported.

Curious, why do you prefer queueing exceeded emails instead of rejection?
For normal user who exceeded the throttle, i understand you prefer queueing them, but how do you know the user is a spammer or a normal business user? We've seen many times that account was cracked and used to send a lot spams.

Because we want to use this service for a limited person and we know them so we need to queue emails instead reject them,
there is no way to queue them ?
Thank you.

Unfortunately, with current iRedAPD code, it's not supported.
Would you like to sponsor us to develop this feature?