Topic: issues with prosody easy deployment default config
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v2019071501
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
i started looking into this new prosody xmpp server your easy deployment includes the option for. couple issues i have given the default applied config:
1.> it's default dns hostname is set to my domain.tld, where as my mail server is actually host.domain.tld. so when you run prosodyctl check, it states:
"Host domain.tld does not seem to resolve to this server (IPv4/IPv6)"
which makes sense as i have no A record for that, only for my mail server's host. so i added the correct virtualhost to the custom config file under /opt/iredmail/custom/prosody, but now when it starts it tries to use both values. if i edit the ansible config you control, that'll probably be overwritten i assume on my next deployment. so what now? i could add another A record but i would actually want to use another host name and matching ssl cert.
2.> the same command "prosodyctl check" complains of bad file permissions for my ssl cert:
Checking certificate for domain.tld
certmanager error SSL/TLS: Failed to load '/opt/iredmail/ssl/key.pem': Previous error (see logs), or other system error. (for domain.tld)
Error: error loading private key (system lib)"
i used letsencrypt to obtain my own trusted cert and deployed it using your docs, complete with the permission change over LE's folder structure. so now what?
that's all for now but i may have more as i dig deeper. thanks.