Topic: cant send emails from local network and error on external email

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  APt-get
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello i am new and have just setup this up on my server and want to use it for some clients , the setup seemed to go well but when i tried to send email to a user i get Recipient address rejected: SMTP AUTH is required for users under this sender domain,  also when i test a client emai lto a external address the external address does not get the email, thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: cant send emails from local network and error on external email

adam wrote:

SMTP AUTH is required for users under this sender domain

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#r … der-domain

adam wrote:

i test a client emai lto a external address the external address does not get the email

Any related error in Postfix log file /var/log/maillog?

so are you saying any one that want to send me mail i have to add them on a list, that seems bad

Did you actually read the link in my previous reply? https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#r … der-domain

- The sender domain is hosted on your server, so it's not expected that someone sends email from external server as your domain user, that's mostly spam.
- Do you enable SMTP authentication on your MUA to send this email?

Yea i read the reply but it doesn't make sence to me that an external email from google would be getting rejected becuase of an internal is,  and i have to say the way you talk to people who are new to this and are just loolking for help is not really good, there are people that are trying things for the first time

Could you please extract related log from /var/log/maillog and paste here? We need the log for troubleshooting.
Just paste log related to your issue, not the whole file.