1 (edited by cre8r 2019-09-03 05:46:07)

Topic: iRedMail Easy & postfix main.cf

Hi,

After deploying iRedMail Easy I see I could of used my postfix main.cf file in custom location which would be symbolic linked to /etc/postfix/main.cf. I prefer to have a file to manually edit;

Can I manually create a conf file here /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/main.cf (symbolic link /etc/postfix/main.cf to this) and edit this as a normal main.cf file? Will my changes to this file be persistent during upgrades? Or must I use custom.sh to execute commands (which populates /etc/postfix/main.cf.iredmail)?

The same for master.cf also?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail Easy & postfix main.cf

And another follow up question;
Once I have created all custom settings and files (EG: /opt/iredmail/custom/roundcube/plugins) can I just login to https://easy.iredmail.org and perform "Full Deployment" again for these changes to take effect ?
Or do I need to build a new setup? (I am migrating from an old stand alone iRedAdmin-Pro MYSQL).

Thanks

cre8r wrote:

Can I manually create a conf file here /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/main.cf (symbolic link /etc/postfix/main.cf to this) and edit this as a normal main.cf file? Will my changes to this file be persistent during upgrades? Or must I use custom.sh to execute commands (which populates /etc/postfix/main.cf.iredmail)?

All changes in files under /opt/iredmail/custom/ will be kept after upgrading. You can use your custom main.cf/master.cf, or use the 'custom.sh' (recommended). If you use your custom main.cf/master.cf, please make sure it's fully compatible with the ones generated by iRedMail Easy.

cre8r wrote:

And another follow up question;
Once I have created all custom settings and files (EG: /opt/iredmail/custom/roundcube/plugins) can I just login to https://easy.iredmail.org and perform "Full Deployment" again for these changes to take effect ?

Yes. You can also create symbol links to /opt/www/roundcubemail/plugins/ manually and not perform the deployment again.

Thanks very much for your advice.

Understood, I will use custom.sh to ensure compatibility with iRedMail Easy.
I assume I just execute custom.sh and reload postfix to commit changes?
Or should I manually run commands and then add to custom.sh for future upgrades?

cre8r wrote:

I assume I just execute custom.sh and reload postfix to commit changes?

Yes. NOTE: make sure your script won't generate any duplicate configuration if it's ran multiple times.

cre8r wrote:

Or should I manually run commands and then add to custom.sh for future upgrades?

Either is ok.

- When iRedMail Easy upgrades Postfix, it will run this "custom.sh" once.
- If you need to modify postfix configuration without re-deploying Postfix with iRedMail Easy, you need to update "custom.sh" and run it manually.

Thank you ,

And another question sorry, do I just create symbolic link for other files (like below)? Will this work for re-deploy/upgrade?
/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre -> /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/helo_access.pcre
/etc/postfix/postscreen_access.cidr -> /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/postscreen_access.cidr

cre8r wrote:

do I just create symbolic link for other files (like below)? Will this work for re-deploy/upgrade?
/etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre -> /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/helo_access.pcre
/etc/postfix/postscreen_access.cidr -> /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/postscreen_access.cidr

If you check /etc/postfix/main.cf, you will find that Postfix is configured to load /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/helo_access.pcre first, then load /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre. In this case, you just maintain /opt/iredmail/custom/postfix/helo_access.pcre and let iRedMail Easy to maintain /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre.

Please read "Best Practice" for iRedMail Easy:
https://docs.iredmail.org/iredmail-easy … ctice.html

Thank you.
Yes I have read docs. Didn't understand how you had those files listed and needed to confirm.

Thanks all sorted now,
cre8r

I updated document, hope it's clearer now:
https://docs.iredmail.org/iredmail-easy … ml#postfix