Topic: Wish iRedAdmin Pro

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? DL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): SQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello,
May I suggest to create a web page in iRedAdmin Pro to manage fail2ban ?
- We could list ban stats (active bans, failed logins, and banned IPs)
- We could unban IPs directly from this web page
- Manage wich jails we want display

I already have a script (written in bash) to manage bans but it would be efficient to have an equivalent of the script directly in a web page...
I tried to install fail2web, but the project seems too old to be installed properly..

Thanks

Nicolas

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Wish iRedAdmin Pro

It's on my todo list, but not high priority.

Thoughts:

Fail2ban is ran as root user, so that it has privileges to open/read log files owned by different system users. iRedAdmin(-Pro) is ran as a non-privileged user ("iredadmin"), so iRedAdmin(-Pro) can not read Fail2ban config files, run commands to get fail2ban status like enabled jails, banned IPs in specified jail, etc.

In this case, we need a separated (RESTful) API server which acts between Fail2ban and iRedAdmin-Pro:

- iRedAdmin-Pro sends requests to the API server, then the API server sends proper commands to Fail2ban, or run proper commands to get info/data and return to iRedAdmin-Pro. Ideally, this API server can do a lot more, for example, manage system config files, create Nginx virtual web hosts, etc.
- iRedAdmin-Pro renders/displays the returned data.

As you can see, the key component is the RESTful API server. It has potential to become something like webmin, but that's definitely not our goal.