1

Topic: installation question

hello all,

we were trying out a test installation
debian 9 64 bit minimal install with no apache, posftfix etc

i downloaded i redmail 0.9.9 dec 18
https://www.iredmail.org/download.html

i followed the instructions
https://docs.iredmail.org/install.iredm … buntu.html

when i ran

bash iRedMail.sh

it first asked for the path to mailbox storage

in the second screen was displaying
only ngnix option but no apache option

according to system requirements i should not have any of the following installed namely MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc

also according to the document
the installer was supposed to display backend storage choice, database and others options

but no such option came up.

what am i missing ?

do i need to have apache webserver installed ?

am i using the wrong version of iredmail since the date is 17 dec 2018 is pretty old.

help required please.

thanks in advance,
rajesh

2

Re: installation question

RajeshM wrote:

the installer was supposed to display backend storage choice, database and others options
but no such option came up.
what am i missing ?

Which SSH terminal application do you use? If you're using Windows system, please try the "putty" terminal instead.

RajeshM wrote:

do i need to have apache webserver installed ?

No. Just a fresh/clean server OS.

RajeshM wrote:

am i using the wrong version of iredmail since the date is 17 dec 2018 is pretty old.

- This is the latest stable release of the downloadable installer. It works fine on Debian 9.
- It's recommended to try the web-based deployment - iRedMail Easy platform: https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html
  The latest release was yesterday.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

3

Re: installation question

hi

1) we are on a windows machine, using putty which is remotely connected to the debian server via ssh.

Could you please check from  your side and ensure that it works ?


2) further i checked out
https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html
and it mentions

Release new versions frequently : Currently about one new release per month

What exact does new versions mean in this case ?
Does this mean that new versions / upgrades of iredmail software itself are released every month ?

rajesh

4

Re: installation question

RajeshM wrote:

1) we are on a windows machine, using putty which is remotely connected to the debian server via ssh.
Could you please check from  your side and ensure that it works ?

The downloadable iRedMail installer doesn't connect to our server at all.

Users reported that SecureCRT has issue with the iRedMail installer (actually the "dialog" tool running on Linux), it can not correctly display the UI on command line, but other ssh terminals work fine. So i suggest you try other ssh terminals for testing.

RajeshM wrote:

Release new versions frequently : Currently about one new release per month
What exact does new versions mean in this case ?
Does this mean that new versions / upgrades of iredmail software itself are released every month ?

Yes.

We rewrote iRedMail installer in Ansible (https://www.ansible.com/), it's easier to write and maintain. We update the Ansible code frequently for bug fixes, improvements and new features, and release a stable version frequently, CURRENTLY it's about once per month. Note: we do not promise or guarantee that it's always at least once per month, we only deliver new stable release when it's necessary.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

5

Re: installation question

zhang,

thanks it is all ok.

the confusion was because i could not see apache or mysql in the options.
we successfully configured with nginx and mariadb.

two more questions

1) please let me know if postscreen is enabled by default

i am assuming that postscreen will handle rbl blocks. authchecks, helo, bad attachments/mime checks, blacklists, header checks, etc

2) which type of support do i need to purchase (in addition to iredmail pro) for handling iredmail pro version updates and support. Please send me the specific link on your website.

thanks
rajesh

6

Re: installation question

RajeshM wrote:

1) please let me know if postscreen is enabled by default

Yes.

RajeshM wrote:

i am assuming that postscreen will handle rbl blocks. authchecks, helo, bad attachments/mime checks, blacklists, header checks, etc

postscreen does DNSBL checks, but not any others. Please read its document to understand what it does:
http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html

RajeshM wrote:

2) which type of support do i need to purchase (in addition to iredmail pro) for handling iredmail pro version updates and support. Please send me the specific link on your website.

If you own a (valid) iRedAdmin-Pro license, just input the license key in iRedMail Easy web portal, each time you upgrade the server (when we released a stable version), iRedAdmin-Pro will be upgraded automatically. So, the answer is, no extra cost if you have valid iRedMail Easy subscription and iRedAdmin-Pro license.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee