Topic: Anyone having installed redundant openldap servers with iRedMail
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 0.99
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? No
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend LDAP
- Web server Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
This question is perhaps more related to OpenLDAP than iRedMail , but just trying to reach out in the iRedMail community.
Having the openLdap server running in a separate server today.
Idea: planning to make the openLdap redundant by running in Multimaster sync between two LDAP servers, with a proxy in front.
Question: Anyone having deployed this together with iRedMail, willing to share ideas?
1. The guides I have found describing how to do this in LDAP all suggests using the slapd.d/ instead of slapd.conf, in order to be able to syncronize the config database. Maybe this can be skipped by doing manuall config in both servers?
2. Changing from slapd.conf to slapd.d/ is fairly easy process, but future modifications of the config ( i.e. as delivered from the iRedMail project) then is a bit more complicated, but not impossible.
3. which proxy to use (haProxy, Balance, Nginx, ....)
4. Any other concerns related to the iRedMail implementation.