1 (edited by rwebb616 2019-09-24 02:34:53)

Topic: New Install - no web server response

Redmail release: 0.9.9 MARIADB edition
Deployed with: downloadable installer
Linux:  CentOS 7
Backend: MariaDB
Web Server: Nginx
iRedAdmin-Pro:  NO

Fresh install of CentOS with complete updates (yum update)
Disabled SELinux
Removed Postfix
Ran installer and answered all prompts

It said to reboot to enable all services - rebooted server.

Web server will not respond to any requests.  Tried both direct using IP address and also by setting a name in my local hosts file to the server name so it would resolve locally. 

according to systemctl and ps Nginx is up and running. 

I'm thinking this is likely something simple but since I don't know the product that well yet I don't know where to look.

Any help is appreciated.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New Install - no web server response

- What do you mean "not respond to any requests"?
- Try to access the web page from server locally with command: "curl -k https://127.0.0.1/" Any output?
- Please stop the firewall service and try again: "service firewalld stop"
- Does your ISP block port 80/443/25?

What I mean about "not respond to any requests" is that I get no response for any of the suggested URLs in the final help screen of the setup (after rebooting of course) - /mail doesn't respond, /SOGo doesn't respond and neither does the stats or the admin page.

It does appear to respond on 127.0.0.1 - should not the default be for the web server to listen on all IP addresses?

Forgot to mention that I had stopped and disabled firewalld so firewall shouldn't be an issue.

ISP does not block - this is a corporate internet connection for which I am the admin so port blockage also should not be an issue.  I am able to access SSH through the corporate firewall to the box without issue. 

How do I get the services to listen on the proper IP address?

Thanks.

rwebb616 wrote:

It does appear to respond on 127.0.0.1 - should not the default be for the web server to listen on all IP addresses?

Port 80/443/25/587/143/110/993/995 are all open, check whether you can access them locally, then try remotely. It's more like a firewall issue, not iRedMail configuration issue.