Topic: only recieving certain emails

Hi,

So ive recently reinstalled my mail server due to a new setup. However i am recieving emails but not all emails my DNS Config for violetdragonsnetwork.co.uk looks perfectly fine. Any ideas as to why only certain emails are coming in?

Thank you,

Jack.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: only recieving certain emails

jackb wrote:

Hi,

So ive recently reinstalled my mail server due to a new setup. However i am recieving emails but not all emails my DNS Config for violetdragonsnetwork.co.uk looks perfectly fine. Any ideas as to why only certain emails are coming in?

Thank you,

Jack.

Update, it only seems to be with certain Domains.

If you try to send an email to the domains which are in trouble, i expect your mailbox to receive some bounce message. What's the content in bounce message?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you try to send an email to the domains which are in trouble, i expect your mailbox to receive some bounce message. What's the content in bounce message?

thats the problem. the logs only domains that the mail is delivered from.

jackb wrote:

I don't understand this at all.

Did you get bounce message or not?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jackb wrote:

I don't understand this at all.

Did you get bounce message or not?

i dont get it neither. How can i test if i get bounced back? ive been doing some investigation and i have a list of DNS Servers that are not connecting to my mail server. the Emails that are coming through are using totally different DNS Servers i believe that this problem is with the DNS Servers from the sender not with my DNS or Mail Server.

You may need to double check the DNS records of your mail domain name.