Topic: Route outgoing bounced messages thru Mailchannels?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Is anyone aware of a way to route bounced messages through Mailchannels if they fail initial delivery?
We maintain pretty clean IPs but would like to ensure delivery of legitimate messages if one of our servers happens to land on a blacklist.
I’m curious to know if there’s a way to first attempt sending directly from server, then relay failed deliveries through to Mailchannels after the initial bounce for a more robust delivery system.
My goal of course Is to keep costs low by avoiding relaying thru Mailchannels for ALL outbound messages and giving the mail server a chance at delivery first.