Topic: iredmail - openldap master slave or master master

Hi all,
Amazing product .I have a question we have already implemented iredmail in our organisation we are planning to implement a secondary server which will replicate the primary server.Right now I have return two scripts to migrate the openldap and Maildir folder the issue is that in case I delete the user in one server I need to delete the same in the another server.

Now if we configure the master slave in both the servers the transaction will run smooth.Is it possible to configure the same in iredmail.

Can this be done with any other options

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredmail - openldap master slave or master master

Of course you can set openldap as master-slave with iRedMail. Manage accounts on master only.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Of course you can set openldap as master-slave with iRedMail. Manage accounts on master only.

Which is better master-slave or master-master setup.What all configuration needs to be changed in iredmail

iron_michael86 wrote:

Which is better master-slave or master-master setup.What all configuration needs to be changed in iredmail

It's hard to say which is better for you.

With master-slave, you just need to add slave related setting in its config file (slapd.conf), and then setup your slave server to replicate from master. that's all.