Topic: IredMail and MySQL restoration
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? yes
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 18
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL 5.7
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have my new iRedmail Server version 0.9.9 and Mysql 5.7 and it is working fine.I created two email addresses and both are receiving test emails vise versa.
I am going to migrate my old (Production email Server) iRedmail Server version 0.3.3 from iRedAdmin dashboard and 0.8.7 from /etc/iredmail-release and Mysql version is 5.5 to my New iRedMail Server v0.9.9.
1st - MySQL Restoration - Which database im going to restore? except mysql.sql - Do not restore as per migration tutorial from old iRedMail.
2nd - Do i have to update the structure from mysql 5.5 to mysql 5.7?
3rd - Why i cant access mysql via workbench even if i tried to grant access for root using % instead of localhost? is there any workaround?
Please help me.