Topic: Messages with attachments

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 9.8.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi

I have the next problem: when I send letters with attachments to gmail.com, the recipient receives them only after 4 minutes. Without attachments, emails to gmail.com arrive immediately. With other domain there is no such problem. Is this the case in my server or in gmail.com?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Messages with attachments

Could you double check the message in Gmail? I think it should work fine.

Could you try to send one testing email with multiple recipients including Gmail and some other domain?
This way we can check whether it's a mail client application issue.

Re: Messages with attachments

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Could you double check the message in Gmail? I think it should work fine.

Could you try to send one testing email with multiple recipients including Gmail and some other domain?
This way we can check whether it's a mail client application issue.

I sent an email with an attachment to three recipients (three different domains - gmail.com, yahoo.com and ukr.net (ukrainian domain)). For two domains (yahoo.com and ukr.ent) email arrived immediately, gmail - after 4 minutes.

Moreover, the time of receipt of the letter in gmail is written as if it arrived immediately. It’s like gmail has been holding it somewhere for about 4 minutes.