Topic: maillist_admin.py fils with python ImportError

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 MYSQL edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? DOWNLOADABLE
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I recently set up iRedMail on a new server, and am interested in seeing how mlmmj works. But when I try to run the command line tool:

[server]:/opt/mlmmjadmin$ python tools/maillist_admin.py

I get the following python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tools/maillist_admin.py", line 14, in <module>
    from libs.utils import is_email
  File "/opt/mlmmjadmin-2.1/tools/../libs/utils.py", line 11, in <module>
    import settings
ImportError: No module named settings

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: maillist_admin.py fils with python ImportError

I got this to work, it was a simple error: I needed correct permissions -- ran as `sudo` and it worked okay.

Now problem: I can't reach the mlmmjadmin service using curl. I'm trying the example curl commands and the response is "not found".

wevrem wrote:

Now problem: I can't reach the mlmmjadmin service using curl. I'm trying the example curl commands and the response is "not found".

Please show us your full curl command.

I'm trying to use mlmmjadmin REST API to create an email list. My curl command is:

$ sudo curl -X POST --header 'X-MLMMJADMIN-API-AUTH-TOKEN: 43a89b...' -d "owner=postmaster@lists.example.com" http://127.0.0.1:7790/announce@lists.example.com

Of course I'm using the full auth token from `/opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py`, and I'm using my actual domain, not `example.com`. The response is always:

not found

Is this coming from the python scripts of mlmmjadmin, which means curl is working, but the python scripts are having an error? Or is it a curl error? There are no new entries in the log at `/var/log/mlmmjadmin/mlmmjadmin.log` after I run this.

Note: I can use the command-line tool, `/opt/mlmmjadmin/maillist_admin.py`, to successfully create an email list.