Topic: Mailinglists - users sometimes can't be set as owner and/or moderator

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 4.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? INSTALLER
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: UBUNTU 16.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): APACHE 2.4.39
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? YES
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
- mlmmj-Version: 1.2.18.1
====

Hello,

my problem with the mlmmj mailing list manager in iRedMail is as follows: "I can't set specific users as owner and/or moderator for a specific mailing list."
It doesn't matter if the user is a user of the domain under which the mailing list will send mails or not. It appears to me to be completely random which emailaddress can be set as owner/moderator for a mailinglist. I also tried completely fake emailaddresses with completely random domainnames and it worked too.
I did so, cause my first thought was:"Maybe it is a problem that the name I tried to add as a moderator was only an Alias."
I have to add, that we only play the role of a relay-server for that domain, therefore I didn't created local mailaccounts.

After klicking the save -Button, the site reloads, but the textarea for Owner/Moderator doesn't contain the newly added name. I confirmed that on a file-level on the server too (mlmmj/MAILDOMAIN/MAILLIST/control/(owner|moderator)). The owner/moderator entry in the textfile under the mjlmm-Folder for the specific mailinglist also doesn't contain the name I tried to add.

But it works the other way round. When I manually add an email-address into the textfile, it shows up in GUI of the Mailinglistmanager of iRedmail. Uunfortunately that isn't persistent. After I klick the save button again, the entry is removed from the GUI and from the file on the server.

I tried to work around that problem with the API, but I got the same result.

It only depends on the email-address I try to add as owner/manager, but I didn't find a pattern so far for those email-addresses.
There isn't any error-message after not-saving an emailaddress as an owner/moderator; it just doesn't appear on the textarea after klicking "save changes", nor is it written in the textfile on the server.

The Logfiles aren't that helpful with that problem. The iRedmail-log (syslog on our server) don't show the name I try to add as an owner/moderator if it fails. It just lists what has changed after klicking "save changes".
The output for a successful save of a new owner/moderator shows the name I added as owner/moderator.

Right now I added the names for owner and moderator manually in the textfile, but I don't think this is how it's intended.
Since it works this way, I assume it's a problem with the API for iRedmail, but I have no idea why it sometimes ignores certain email-addresses.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailinglists - users sometimes can't be set as owner and/or moderator

sorakrates wrote:

my problem with the mlmmj mailing list manager in iRedMail is as follows: "I can't set specific users as owner and/or moderator for a specific mailing list."

Hi @sorakrates,

Which version of iRedMail are you running? Please show me output of commands:

cat /etc/iredmail-release
ls -l /opt/
ls -l /usr/share/apache2/

I suggest upgrading to the latest mlmmjadmin-2.1 and try again:
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.mlmmjadmin.html

Hello @ZhangHuangbin.

I'm sorry for my late response. I added the output of the commands you told me to execute. For the mlmmj-Version I wrote the output of the command mlmmj-list -V (1.2.18.1), so this was my bad. mlmmj seems to be already on 2.1 .

=== OUTPUT ===

cat /etc/iredmail-release

0.9.9     # Get professional upgrade support from iRedMail Team: http://www.iredmail.org/support.htm

===============

ls -l /opt/

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root    11 May 29  2017 iredapd -> iRedAPD-2.0 (Symlink)
dr-x------  7 root  root  4096 Feb 18  2017 iRedAPD-1.9.1
dr-x------  8 root  root  4096 Oct 22 08:18 iRedAPD-2.0
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root    19 Oct 17 11:55 mlmmjadmin -> /opt/mlmmjadmin-2.1 (Symlink)
drwxr-xr-x 10 mlmmj mlmmj 4096 Oct 17 11:30 mlmmjadmin-1.9
drwxr-xr-x 10 mlmmj mlmmj 4096 Oct 25 14:58 mlmmjadmin-2.1

===============

ls -l /usr/share/apache2/

-rw-r--r--  1 root      root      15123 Apr  2  2019 apache2-maintscript-helper
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root      root       1574 Apr  2  2019 ask-for-passphrase
drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root       4096 Apr 24  2019 build
drwxr-xr-x  2 root      root       4096 Apr 24  2019 default-site
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root       4096 Apr 24  2019 error
drwxr-xr-x  3 root      root      24576 Apr 24  2019 icons
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root         22 Oct 25 14:58 iredadmin -> iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-4.1 (Symlink)
dr-xr-xr-x 13 iredadmin iredadmin  4096 Oct 16 18:01 iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-4.0
dr-xr-xr-x 12 iredadmin iredadmin  4096 Oct 25 15:01 iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-4.1

=== OUTPUT ===

Hi @sorakrates,

is it possible to give me direct ssh access to your server for debugging? It will be the easiest way for me to reproduce this issue steadily.
Contact me by email (zhb _at_ iredmail _dot_ org) or Telegram (@iredmail) if possible.